Friday, November 14, 2014

For once in my life I had to give up

It is not my nature to give up.

I think one of the reasons I found a publisher is that the mailman was tired of carrying the manuscript from publisher to publisher and bribed one to publish me.

I fought my way through university, working and trying to satisfy a husband that didn't want me to go.

I do the things necessary to do.

Yesterday after several days of dealing with details of my friend's death, I realised that I did not have the strength mentally and physically to do one more thing. I was supposed to go to the newspaper office to put a notice in the paper, but I couldn't, just couldn't take another step, have another conversation. My head was a jumble of French and English.

A night's sleep has given me new strength. Today we will scatter the ashes, tomorrow there's paperwork, Saturday we will celebrate her life in her style with music and stories.

I am ready once again.

No comments: