Saturday, November 01, 2014

Roots

No one will think at my age my red hair is natural. However about 15-21 days after colouring it white roots appear on the top of my head. The back of my head sprouts darker roots.

I HATE ROOTS SHOWING. Makes me feel like an over-aged, under-payed hooker hanging out in Paquis (red light area of Geneva).

I see Carrie on Homeland who always has roots. Doesn't she have a minute between protecting the US from terrorists to go to the hair dresser?

When my roots show I don't just feel sloppy, I feel slovenly, like I should have a cigarette hanging from my lips and be dressed in food-stained clothes.

I started life as a blond which darkened.

In my twenties by hair was every colour from white to black (literally).

In my mid twenties I decided I was meant to be a red head and a red head I've stayed and probably will stay. 

Today I once again use Oreal 666 (okay 66.6 but it was a bad marketing choice to number it that way) and so for the next couple of weeks I will no longer feel like an over-aged, under-payed, slovenly hooker.










No comments: