Saturday, November 15, 2014

Silver box wars


There are many ways to cope with pain. One is laughter.

My housemate J is famous among friends and family for her brownies. She even outdoes the Argelès brownie lady.

Thus when she arrived from Geneva to give loving support during these hard days she came with a box of her brownies and also cheddar cheese popcorn, another treat that Rick, J and I all love.

Rick however decided to hide the silver box.

"You are not without recourse," she told me and gave me the popcorn.

I was sitting at the table with the popcorn between me and the wall. Rick came up behind me, dropped a kiss on my head and--the popcorn had fallen into his hands.

Thus we've had silver box hunts, rehidings, more hunts...none of deny each other single brownies, but we do not reveal the whereabouts of the box.

Smiling and laughter helps.

No comments: