Sunday, February 17, 2019

Mimosa&Chocolate


Sunshine mimosa
bought at the Ferney marché
Auer chocolate

People walked through the vendors at the Ferney marché carrying mimosa. Rick asked a woman where she found it, and she pointed to an adjacent row.

We wandered over, enjoying the scent of the spices, roasting chicken, oranges and looking at the veggies, meats, fish, cheeses and breads, stopping to buy this or that for lunch.

Then we saw the stand, bright yellow flowers in pails and wrapped bouquets covering the table.

We picked up a five Euro bunch. "I'ts like sunshine," I said to the vendor. He laughed. We chatted a bit as Rick paid him. The man handed me two more sprigs, a twinkle in this eye.

"Vous êtes gentil," I told him. "Merci."

My sunshine bouquet is on top of the piano along with my valentine chocolates from Auer's. These are chocolates that you bite in two to make it last longer and only eat one maybe after lunch, maybe before bed. Such perfection is not to be gobbled.

The mimosa scent fills the room. That tiny area touches my eyes, nose and taste. My heart sings a silent song at the sensuality of my life.

No comments: