Sunday, February 24, 2019

Stinking Cute


"I couldn't resist it, it is so stinking cute," my husband said showing this fondue pot for two complete with decorations that copy the Swiss art of silhouette, something I love.



He was right. It was stinking cute.

We don't have a fondue pot in Geneva. This doesn't mean we don't eat fondue, but usually we go to the Café de Soleil for it. The Cafe has special meaning for us, because that is where I took him to eat when we re-met after decades.

I often dread when my husband goes shopping, although it is better than my going. He comes back with THINGS. We do need some things that he has bought like a garbage pail, light bulbs or a broom for example. 

The fondue set and the heart sheer curtains for the bedroom were great buys. However, he never applies the standard do we need it, I mean need it, really, really, really, really need it.  REALLY NEED IT. Do we already have one (such a wooden spoon or a spatula). Do we have something that can be used in place of what he is buying.

It isn't a matter of money. It is the matter of clutter and having too much STUFF around the house.

Need, however, can encompass beauty such as art work or perfect sheer curtains. Or something that will bring memories, like fondue for two, which we will do for lunch today in a fondue pot that is stinking cute.


No comments: