Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Blue Cars

I've long commented that almost all cars in Switzerland and France are black, white or gray. Walking through a parking garage or riding on a highway with all those depressing colors or lack there of, is like living in a country where there is only haze and rain. 

Lately however, I've noticed there are several royal blue cars. They pop up like flowers after a horrible winter. Then, I've also seen a few red, light green, baby blue and some color on half of one of the depressing ones. And I've seen several copper-color cars that look interesting.

I know cars serve a purpose, to get from place to place. Some are really technological interesting. And of course there's the whole status symbol thingie...I'm a better person than my neighbor because I drive a (fill in the blank). I've driven some high end cars and there's a certain pleasure in that. Sadly, the high end cars were all black and I wasn't driving to a funeral.

I wish cars could be more interesting to look at. It could be a way for an individual to establish his identity rather than just say, "Look at me, I can afford a ..."

Cars should be decorated. A person could select the decoration based on his interests. For example, my husband's car could be painted like a golf course. Or I could have books all over mine assuming I had a car. Decks of cards for bridge players, horses for people who love to ride, a football pitch...the choices are endless.

And I thought famous paintings could be on the cars for those that still need status. Some could even be original. Imagine a car painted by Banksy. 

Wait, maybe not Banksy. He might arrange for it to disappear mid highway.

Local artists would have a whole new market place for people who couldn't afford a more known painter. 

I can just imagine not having to work to not be depressed looking at a plethora (always loved that word and can't always find a way to use it) of those blacks, white, grays, those mechanical rain storms.

 


 



No comments: