Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Pens

 

My husband often shakes his head when I refuse to use any old pen. 

Because I'm a minimalist, people are surprised that I collect anything. However, my writer side wins out over my minimalist side. 

Here are two of my favorites. The silver Caran d'arch was presented to us almost seven years by our village at the mairie when we signed our wedding documents almost seven years ago with it. It has a lovely weight.

The dusty rose stone pen was bought at Christmas marché in Ferney-Voltaire when we spent the day with my French "daughter" and her family. It is handmade. I probably us it more than any of my other pens.

I have wooden pens, feather pens with engraved silver tips as well. There's something about dipping a pen in ink when I write a thank you. I have been known to seal the envelope with wax and a ring.

Somehow picking up a ball point, just doesn't bring memories. Do I need memories when writing out a grocery list? Well, maybe if I remember to add butter. However, my handwriting is better with a good pen.

No comments: