Sunday, July 17, 2022

Crossing Borders

 I live in Geneva Switzerland. In minutes I can be in France. No problem. Where I lived before, not to sound like Sarah Palin) but I could see France from my balcony. I often caught a bus and four stops later I was at the Saturday marché.

Now where I live it is maybe 20 minutes to the next canton by car, a little longer by boat. We might cross over to see friends, visit a museum, check out a historical site.

When I'm at my second home in Southern France, it takes a little longer to go to Spain, maybe a half hour. I've done that for lunch and to buy cheaper eye glasses.

I have more freedom to cross borders than many Americans will have if they want to leave their state. Authorities might stop them if they are pregnant, even if they are going to another state to visit a family member?

Will women eventually need a doctor's certificate toe leave the state?

No comments: