Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Rainbow basket

 


Fifteen years ago I stopped at a stall in the marché and bought a rainbow basket. In France it is better to carry your purchases in a basket you owned. This became my only basket used for carrying laundry to the line, meat, veggies, fresh baked bread, books, dishes I took to a party, etc.. 

Every time I looked at it, I enjoyed the color. I had memories of all the services it provided for me

Enter Sherlock at three months. He found the rainbow basket delicious. That was almost five years ago. The remains scattered around the living room were sad.

My lovely husband found another rainbow basket. It took the place of the old one and the pup outgrew the desire to eat shoes, baskets and even my prosthesis. (I shouldn't have been surprised. I once had a puppy that ate my roommate's bathing suit). 

We noticed that one of the handles was wearing. Rick mended it see the black tape, adding more memory to its use. 

I'm not into things because of their value, but I'm into things that are useful, pretty and have memories. This basket fits all three.

No comments: