Sunday, July 31, 2022

No Meditation

 I'm a failure at meditation. By the time I stop my muscles are frozen from the tension of trying to relax and my brain is on overload from from trying not to think. I've tried many times over the years and each time it is worse. All I want is for it to be over.

 On the other hand, when I'm in the garden with a book, with Sherlock, or just sitting on the bench, I just have to look at the sun through the trees and the tension seeps away.

Likewise as my eyes roam the perimeter, I pick up the different colors depending on the season, the dappling of the sun on the grass, the fountain and bench, a squirrel running up a tree, there's a sense of peace.



The street is hidden from the garden by trees. There is a small path between the trees and the bushes sealing the garden from the world. There's a feeling all is right in my world.




No comments: