Saturday, August 13, 2022

Library funded with donations

 


Some $100,000 has been donated to keep the Jamestown, Michigan library open after a vote to defund it. 

The reason?

There were books about gay and transgender issues. No matter that they were not available to children.

I'm so tired of people I call the Goddies pushing their values on others. It's wonderful for them that they have a religion that works for them. Continue...BUT

In this case they are preventing others who disagree from getting books on all topics.

I don't share their beliefs gleaned from desert writings, found, rewritten and changed over the decades. I don't want these beliefs limiting my life. I don't want it limiting my friends and neighbors.

Heavens, if people read books someone might become more educated and threaten the Goddies. 

At least this library is safe for a little while longer.



No comments: