Friday, August 05, 2022

Lottery

 


My daughter is not buying several rental properties, nor is she trying to see if Sweden will give her a residence permit!

We aren't setting up certain charitable foundations to support writers and education of people who would not be able to go to school. We would have included apprenticeships.

Why aren't we doing these things?

We didn't win the billion dollar lottery. We'd asked my daughter to buy us a ticket and she bought one for her self.

We are not regular lottery players. Years back when my housemate and I went to the mountains and the Euro millions was a large jackpot, we might buy tickets. It had to be a large one, because if we were going to lose, we would lose big.

Half the fun was dreaming what we would do if we won.

We've read the stories about how winners have made mistakes with their money, leaving them without money and their relationships in tatters.

I suspect we would have handled it better. We'll never know. That's okay.

Now possibly there's a possible novel about someone who bought a ticket for a family member, the ticket won, and the someone kept the money. I probably won't write it, but I could without winning.


 


No comments: