Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Rain and an apology

 

 


To all the people in Switzerland, Germany, Belgium and Austria who have had constant rain and have been flooded out of their homes, I apologize for my happiness this morning when I heard rain on the skylight.

However, I'm still thrilled to have a bad weather day.

I looked out my front door to see puddles. PUDDLES. We have had rain storms in Argelès where the street has become a small river or at least an ambitious creek. Today wasn't one of those storms, just gentle water dripping from the sky.

Our plans were to go to an outdoor café for tapas.

Instead, I walked to my favorite green grocer (enjoying the moisture on my face) for potatoes, leeks, chives and cream to make potato soup for Rick and vichyssoise for me. Rick doesn't do cold soup so gazpacho for me becomes minestrone for him. Same soup, different temperature. 

Everyone is happy.


No comments: