Sunday, August 08, 2021

Sunrise

 

 

5:20 the alarm rings. My husband and I discuss taking the dog to the beach so he can run and we can see the sunrise versus snuggling under the duvet.

6:01 The three of us are walking to the car, enjoying the smell of freshly baking bread from the local boulangeries.

 

6:30 Sherlock has run zoomies, dug in the sand, sniffed at a sand castle. We watch a boat rise and fall gently as the sky gets lighter and lighter and listen to the music of the waves.

 


6:36 I can see the lighthouse's light flashing toward Collioure. I am the granddaughter of a lighthouse keeper. The mountains make a nice backdrop. I need 16 photos to catch the lamp lit, but I did it.

6:49 The sun's arrival is muted by the clouds. A young man from Strasbourg walks by. He tells us he is checking out the sunrise every morning of his vacation. His parents and girl friend are still asleep on the camp grounds where they are staying. After patting Sherlock, he continues his work and says maybe he'll see us for sunrise tomorrow. I doubt it. I suspect my husband, if he gets up that early he'll be on the golf course. I watch the young man, collector of sunrises, walk away.

7:15 We're home and even find a parking place in the lot closer to the house. Rick crawls back in bed. I do some chores. I need to go to the green grocer to get fresh peaches and other veggies.

Could life be sweeter than these moments? 



No comments: