Friday, August 13, 2021

TV snack

 


During summer holidays, after my grandmother and brother in bed, my mother and I would sit up to watch Steve Allen.

We would have snacks. My favorite was to go out with a flashlight to the backyard and pick some chives. My mother would chop them very fine and put them in cream cheese. We would eat this on crackers.

A lifetime later and in another country, my housemate and I would watch DVDS such as Ally McBeal, Northern Exposure, Boston Legal, How I Met Your Mother. Snacks would be part of it: Some nights it would be shrimp in cocktail sauce, salmon while other nights might be cheese with a glass of wine. Popcorn. Yup. 

My husband and I now watch Netflix with snacks, mostly ice cream or popcorn. 

We still eat healthily making sure that we get many fruits and veggies during the day and we don't eat a lot of the treats. Just enough to amuse our mouths. Nice end to the day.

 

No comments: