Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Signs of Autumn

 


I am only half joking  when I say my father's first words were "When are we moving to Florida?" from his Nova Scotia crib.

He migrated to the Boston area. Snow was a four-letter obscenity to him. Working in sales he had plenty of time to drive in it.

He had to wait for retirement to fulfill his dream for the Florida move. He and my stepmom would come north in June, July and August and live on their boat, The Grand Slam that he had built.

However the first few leave that drifted onto the grass and he was packing up to head south again.

If my dad were alive today, visiting in Switzerland, he would look at our grass with leaves and be heading to Florida or at least the south of France. 

As much as I adored him, I look at the leaves and think...Thank God, I survived another summer. Autumn and winter are coming.


No comments: