Saturday, August 05, 2006

this and that

As I write this Yuan is tearing apart my shower. I will need a new shower base and it will need to be retiled. Joy. He is a polite kid. I suppose if I am going to have pipe problems, it is good to have a plumber downstairs.

The jewelry store reopened after its robbery. The neighbors sent the owners an orchid to show their solidarity. One of the worse times for a store to close is during the height of tourist season, although part of the week they were down was when half of the tourists went home and the other half arrived.

From the heat wave the forest is dry and a brush fire raged causing thousands of campers to be evacuated. The smoke did not hang around thanks to the raging Tramantane. At the moment my curtains, although heavy because they are made of quilted fabric are standing almost straight out. The wind brings relief from the heat. However, this morning it was only 12° in Geneva.

I am beginning to think of getting back to Geneva and fall walks along the lake, dermatologist and dentists appointments and reconnecting with friends there: also getting organized for my fall work schedule, sleeping with Munchkin, the cat, etc.

Today is a day for laziness except for feeding Barbara. I think the 18 hour days in Dublin caught up with me. This is not a complaint, because covering this conference is a true pleasure.

No comments: