Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hi, I'm James


Two-star general in the ARMY

The invitation to Skype with James popped up on my computer screen as Rick was sitting next to me.

"I'll take care of it," I said.

The rest of the message went something like this, "I'm a two star general and I would love to have a Skype chat with you..."

"There's no way a two-star general would contact you," Rick said.

"Two-stars are small stuff. My invites are usually from three, four and five stars," I told him. I get these messages regularly and not just from unknown generals. Petraeus, Allen, Clark and others invite me to chat with them, and I don't think the NSA is sending them to me to try and convince me war is better than peace.

I hit the block and report abuse tabs. Poor James will have to do without me.

No comments: