Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The great blow out

We all take things for granted. Like being able to go to sleep at night, yawn, laugh.

I never expected not to be able to blow my nose but when I broke my face, the surgeons told me I couldn't blow my nose until September 10th. What had been an act that I never thought about became the holy grail, the nirvana, a mark-the-days-off-on-the calendar obsession.

It didn't help that my daughter blew her nose happily every morning (If I could disinherit her under Swiss law, I might have out of sheer jealousy.)

But today was the day. Several friends on facebook agreed to blow at the same time I did. 18:00 CET, noon EST.  One even blew in mid flight.

Of all the problems with my face, I would say the no-blow was the most frustrating. At least we were able to have some fun with it.
 



1 comment:

Janet said...

Congrats! Amazing how we never think twice about that!