Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I'm a natural redhead, only in my heart.


View details

With NSA spying, civil wars, and world hunger, hair problems seem pretty unimportant.

Still as all women, a day with my hair like I want it, always has a bit more sunshine in it even when I need an umbrella.

I'm a natural redhead, only in my heart. I should have been born that way.

Two years ago I tried to grow my hair out. I pictured myself with silver tresses. I was silver on top, something else on the back, I describe it as the reverse skunk look. I gave up.

Good thing when Rick came back into my life. As a cougar, I don't want to accentuate the age difference. His hair is becoming beautifully streaked with silver and I foresee a silver fox look on my beloved in the near future.

My housemate had a head of thick, blond hair down to her mid back. I shouldn't admit it, but I was jealous. What a shock that before my wedding when she took off the clip holding it in a twist and her hair fell to her shoulders. It looks wonderful up, down, mid back or shoulder length.

A goal was born. My hair could be longer than hers. I'm almost there. If she has hers trimmed, I will succeed for my hair is growing at record speed. I can tell by how fast the white roots appear at my part. To me my roots look slovenly and remind me no matter what colour my hair is in my heart, the reality is different. Dying it so often is a pain.

Maybe I'll see if I can die my hair steel gray. Than the white as it grows out will look more natural.

Or not.

Or maybe I should just go back to worrying about NSA, civil wars, world hunger.




1 comment:

Janey jump up said...

Me too. That's how I found your story. I have let my silver grow out. It's short. Looks fine. But I sure do miss the red. I just feel more engaged in life when it's red. Oh well. But I don't watch the news. That is not ever a solution. Have fun. It's your hair.mit grosw back.