Tuesday, January 07, 2014

A wonderful, wonderful gift


When I lived in Boston, my slowpot cooker was used and used and used and used. It was wonderful coming home from work with good smells permeating the apartment and just to dish up dinner without any extra work.

I moved overseas in 1988 for a year and again in 1990 forever. Since then I've been slowpot cookerless. This was not a tragedy that would have required psychiatric counseling but over the years I've regularly wished for one. I've looked and looked but never found one.

I'd gone to my favourite electronic appliance store in Argelès where I'd bought my washing machine, television, iron--anything with a cord and plug and tried to explain what I wanted only last month. It wasn't a language barrier it was an appliance knowledge barrier.

I'd given up forever and forever.

Then last night at the 12th night dinner party, one of the guests walked in with a slowpot cooker box. It was from a British friend, a gift to Rick and I. A belated Christmas miracle.

This morning I www.duckduckgo.com and found tons of websites with recipes including one that say 5,000 slowpot cooking recipes.

Thank you CP...when you're here, come for dinner...not sure what I'll cook yet, but you know what I'll cook it in.




1 comment:

Ginger Dawn...A Spice Below The Horizon said...

I guess, it would be interesting for me to see what items I would miss. Yet, right now, all I can think of it what I wound not miss.