Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Bathroom wars

I am not as neurotic in The Warren as I was in The Nest where every bluebird on my dishes had to be aligned and the space between my copper bowls had to be the same. (in my defense, I didn't foister my OCD habits on guests, but when they left everything went back to my normal)  I don't want Rick to be afraid to touch anything, but I still can't help wanting things arranged a certain way.  Thus when he leaves the shower curtain like this
 I do this.
 And when he leaves the towel on the towel warmer like this.
I do this. 

I feel better when things are aligned and neat. He always has a right to buy a book on How to Cure OCD and present it to me for Valentines Day.

On the other hand I love that he rearranges our wonderful new red blanket in a different way almost every day. His imagination is only surpassed by his patience with my idiosyncrasies. I can only use the "I'm a writer, therefore I have a right to be a bit weird" so many times. Of course, he's a writer too, so I'm duty bound to match him in patience and understanding.
And to top it off, this is the arrangement of the shower curtain Rick did the morning after he read the this blog.

I like it. And then today after I showers I found this...

I'm so glad I married him.



1 comment:

Susanne said...

Not necessarily OCD - tidiness has it's advantages, surely the towels will air better the way you have arranged them - and possibly the curtain too? My husband always leaves the bath mat folded in two on the bath edge and I always put it back in one single layer - looks better, but also dries better, so the next one to use it doesn't have the displeasure if it being damp.

Not sure how to apply that to the copper bowls though!