Sunday, January 05, 2014

Snoring Saga

 

Snoring to me, has always been as painful as chalk squeaking on a blackboard or a dripping water faucet.

In my childhood home my bedroom had no door and I could hear my mother snoring. I slept with a pillow over my head.

My father could be heard two rooms away.

My first husband didn't snore.

As I aged, I began to snore, but I was asleep and didn't wake myself. 

If I were sharing a room I had no problem turning over to the request as happened in Damascus when my friend and I were sleeping on opposite couches in her aunt's living room. I did a good dervish imitation those couple of weeks.

My daughter, who was sharing a room with me once, told me turn over because I was snoring. 

I was awake at the time. 

It was my dog Mika who could rival my father's snoring, but Japanese chins breathing apparatus has been overbred causing extra loud snoring. Dogs don't seem to mind being told to change position.

Rick snores to a point our apartment has a snore room that either he goes to or I do when I don't want to ask him yet again to turn over.

In Geneva I was on the third floor and he fell asleep on the couch on the first. I could hear him through a closed door. To be fair, the couch was next to the stairwell.

However, we've discovered that if his head his elevated, he doesn't snore. We've both slept well lately with no moving into the snore room.

Remember, though I said I snore?  It's a sound that doesn't bother him.

He woke up early this morning. When I woke a couple of hours later, he told me he had a surprise.

He brought in a recording he'd made of me snoring.

I thought it sounded more like a growl.
 


No comments: