Friday, January 03, 2014

champagne and dog poop

It's no secret to my friends that  I love champagne...
My housemate loves champagne. We can find excuses for a glass such as it is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc., the Chase is on, the car started, there is a rainbow, there is no rainbow. You get the idea.

We like it icy, if not filled with champagney chips, with frozen cranberry cubes etc.

This does not imply we drink to excess. At times I wish it were non alcoholic so I could drink more of it. We also find prawns, smoked salmon, fois gras, cheese or other nibblies with our champagne. A great way to end a day.

However, reading my housemate's blog http://viewsfromeverywhere.blogspot.ch/2014/01/on-no-mystery-is-no-longer.html tonight on what makes champagne fizzy was a shocker. Take a look for the rest to make sense.

I thought about it and thought about it.

As a result I am about to make my champagne glasses dirty. The alcohol will kill any germs.

This is the same day I read that dogs poop on a north-south axis.

As much as I love learning, maybe, just maybe there are things that are better not to know.

1 comment:

Ginger Dawn...A Spice Below The Horizon said...

I have never had champagne! I will put it on my list for Peter!