Thursday, January 23, 2014

Café sitting as a life style


There's nothing like a good café sit to make a good day better.

The café de fountain has been where Lydia and I have been writing together several times a week is pictured above. The plastic protects us from wind and there's an outdoor heater. Under new management it is not the most popular café in town which helps us concentrate when we write. Not too much chatter. They do serve lunch: steak or duck but we don't eat there. Our drink choices are green tea or hot chocolate.


The main street features three cafés, also a good gathering spot. On this windy Monday, almost no one was taking advantage of the sun. And one was closed. From about April on, every seat will be filled whether people are sipping espresso or Banyuls.

And this is a my home away from home and usually impossible to walk by without finding a friend. When I was only in The Nest and had written in isolation all day I'd mosey down and have a cup of tea and read, although seldom did a finish a chapter before a friend appeared. Now that I'm spending most of my time in the warren with Rick, there's less isolation, but the need for a sweet and a cup of tea or moccochino does arrive regularly.

And we can't forget their English breakfasts or Patricia's good lunch. Patricia did the catering for both my 70th birthday and Rick's and my commitment ceremony...any chance to eat her food is a pleasure.

To paraphrase an old advert...a day without a café is a day without sunshine (even in the rain)

1 comment:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Enjoyed this post about your special cafe. DOn't have such a thing here in the tiny berg where I live. However I think I need to head to town and find myself a favorite one! Sounds so cozy and wonderful, esp with a good friend.