Saturday, June 07, 2014

map vs. tram









                 Vs.



Rick is absolutely right not to trust my sense of direction. After years of being lost, I know if I feel I should go right, I go left and it works out.

Today we set out to video me near where Michel Servetus was burned because he disagreed with Jean Calvin about the trinity while I read a passage where I describe it as part of my novel Murder in Geneva. We are making videos of me reading from my novels for my website and youtube.

The address is on the same street as where my eye doctor is and my former Gynie. However, since I usually went by the number 3 tram or rode with my housemate (we chatted the whole time thus I wasn't paying attention) I wasn't sure how to direct him although I had a good idea.

He had a map.

As soon as I saw the No. 3 tram stop, I knew we just had to follow the overhead wires. He wasn't as sure and kept referring to the map. Each time I told him to make a turn, he had to check the map for the name of the street, which matched with my directions.

If he'd listened to me, he wouldn't have needed the map. However, saying that, overall listening to me give directions, is not a good idea.He is a smart man.






No comments: