Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Should I or Shouldn't I?

It is time for my biannual physical to determine if I can continue to have a drivers license.

The last time I was still weak from chemo and told my doctor I would understand if he flunked me. He said he knew I wouldn't drive if I wasn't sure. He was right.

Driving and cars are not apart of me life. There was one period of 18 months I didn't even get in a car.

Since 1993 I may have been behind a wheel no more than 50 times. One of those trips was Geneva to Chamonix. The other trips were short errands.

I didn't have a car from 1993 to 2013 when Rick and I married and bought one. He doesn't like to be a passenger. Also when in France we can walk almost anywhere.

Before, where I lived in Geneva and even where we live now, public transportation is excellent.

I did drive from the car wash home, a five-minute trip last year. I don't remember when I drove before.

Since chemo, I can't comfortably feel my feet. My hands do not work at 100%.

I will probably pass the medical test which doesn't measure for my problems. I probably will not drive again out of choice.

There was a form with the notice about my needing the physical.

If I give up my license, I doubt I will ever be able to have another.

The only way I can see myself driving is in an emergency and if it were a choice of saving someone's life where driving without a license would be the lesser danger.

I still am not sure what I will do.








No comments: