Saturday, December 11, 2021

Nightmare



 My dreams are always vivid.

Last night I dreamed Rick and I were visiting people we knew, but not exactly friends in the States. I don't know where or who in real life.

The house was like a typical Cape Cod house of the 50s with rag rugs and maple furniture. 

Suddenly two men came in with short military riffles and strutted around. Everyone in the house went on eating and talking as if having guns at a social event were normal.

Terrified, I went outside to hide between the house and a grape arbor. The owner of the house, who didn't have a gun, appeared. "There you are, come on back in."

I didn't feel as if I had a choice. I didn't want to be near anyone with a gun.

When everyone was occupied, Rick and I snuck out and headed straight for the airport vowing never to go to America again.

No comments: