Sunday, December 19, 2021

Vax? No Vax?

I'm not a medicine fan, yet there are a number of pills I take against my cancer, blood pressure and stomach problems. I joke as I pop them in my mouth that it is breakfast. However when I stop taking the medicines my blood pressure goes up, my stomach hurts. So far the cancer hasn't reappeared. I don't want to take any more medicines.

However...

...when it came to a Covid vax, I was there as fast as I could be. And for the booster too. Not just for my safety, but I feel a responsibility to others. I don't believe my freedom has a right to endanger anyone else. Sorta like I can't cry "FIRE" in a crowded theater or throw a punch onto someone's nose, although I can through my fist up to the said nose.

I have less and less patience with those who refuse. A few do have legitimate medical problems with vaccinations. They should be excused.

Some say they don't know the long term effects. For those who have died, it doesn't matter. There was no long-term.

Some claim religious reasons. It has been a long time since I read every word in the Bible including all the "begats" and I don't remember anything about no vaccinations. There was definitely no 11th commandment and then again how many of the 10 Commandments do people follow? I'm sure they take a graven image or two when they use their phones as cameras. 

I also wonder how many of these "religious"people had the smallpox or polio vaccines. It also seemed to me many religious no-nos were more man made to suit the power structure of the earthly leaders. I never believed if there were a god, considering the size of the universe, he cared about what I was wearing or ate. Personally, I wish he would concentrate more on ending war and poverty than what went into arms that stopped illness.

I will grant people the right not to have the shot and not to wear masks. However, there should be consequences. No admittance to stores, restaurants, public places of any kind. No jobs unless they can be done away from others.

As for the masks? Wear them in public places just in case.

I do like showing the code system on entering places. It tells me I'm safe from others. It tells others they are safe from me and we can enjoy whatever the place offers.

I believe if people took precautions early, the pandemic would be over, that the sneaky little virus would not have the opportunity to change and we would all be freer. 

Get a shot.

Wear a mask.



 

 



No comments: