Friday, December 31, 2021

Tally

 


It is the time when people do retrospectives of the past year. Famous people who died, accomplishments, etc. 

It was an insane year with the virus, insurrections, many weather crisis. I lost many people I liked and too many I loved. Yet despite it all, it was a good year because of the many small things as simple as flowers outside our front door and having people I like and love around me.

I'm a wordsmith. I live and breath writing. This year I read:
  • 37271 pages including fiction, ,nonfiction, detective, history, politics, bios, etc) 
  • Newspapers on line usually Washington Post, New York Times, Le Monde, Tribune de Geneve, Guardian etc.
  • News websites
  • Almost every article in the New Yorker and Atlantic Monthly
 
As a writer:
  • I finished writing Lexington
  • I started Twins
  • I'm in the process of putting my short stories and poems into an anthology. Working title, The Corporate Virgin after one of the stories, a prize winner.
Also wrote over several hundred blogs. See the list of the right.
In between led a full life with friends and family. Highlights:
  • Being with my husband
  • Seeing my daughter after two years
  • Ate some incredible food
  • Walked the beach with a dog doing zoomies
  • Saw a square sunrise
  • Saw friends, many socially distanced, but still saw them, talked to them
  • Was vaccinated three times and have my code 
  • Lived with joy most day

 

No comments: