Thursday, May 19, 2022

Emotional roller coaster

  


What a ride emotionally over the past week.

Cancer beat a friend. It was no surprise and there was a feeling of relief combined with anger that it had to happen at all. There's always the question of what to say to the survivors. No clichés, no rest in peace, no time will heal...  Exhausting, but that's what we do for people we care about.

My long lost sister-in-law reappeared in my life. After decades of wondering what had happened to her, knowing she had lived, is living, a good life was not just a relief, but a gift.

Then I learned of the death of a writer and friend whom I'd mentored for a couple of decades. I knew she'd been ill, not just that ill.

My brother-of-choice is walking after months of rehab needed because of a horrendous car accident. That he lived is a miracle, that he is walking more so. A visit that included his brother and sister-in-law whom I'd not seen since the 1990s made for a surge of gratitude.

Two negative tests for covid, despite a remaining tiredness.

Learning a neighbor who had disappeared was fine and safe with her daughter living in the mountains after surgery.

Memories bombarding me of times shared. 

Too many good and bad things crammed into a short space of time. 

 



No comments: