Monday, May 02, 2022

No Logo bills

 


I refuse and have for decades to wear anything with a logo so it is not part of being a COW (Cranky Old Woman). I was also a Cranky Young Woman on the issue. I am not a billboard nor do I get any kicks from having someone think I'm special because I wear this or that brand. 

This does not mean that I won't buy the products, but I make sure the logo is removed or covered.

 


But then I thought, I could bill the company for advertising for them and save myself the work of hiding the logo. In the seventies VW Beetle drivers were paid to have their car covered with ads. Why not be paid for advertising sneakers/trainers, clothing, etc.

I've composed a form letter to the CEO of whatever company I approach.

 Dear CEO of (fill in the company name, address)

I recently bought your (fill in the product) with your brand name on it.

I really like your product except for one thing...your name is on it. I had thought of covering it up or replacing it with my name. I mean, what if I was in an accident and the police identified me by your brand name?

Because when I wear your product with your name, providing you with free advertising I'm sending you a bill based on the number of hours I'm out in public where your product will get exposure.

20 hours at $100 each total $2,000 hours for the month of April.

We could also discuss a yearly contract at a flat fee of $20,000 which includes a discount for your long-term commitment.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

D-L Nelson


No comments: