Friday, April 25, 2008

Book Sale Solution

One of the things I love is the American Library book sale, held in the American church. It reminds me in a way of the Christmas fairs at the Church of the Good Shepherd in Reading where I grew up.
This year I am in a condonrum since it is a no buy year and nothing material is to be added to my house.

I solved the problem by:

1.Eating lunch there.
2. Buying mango chutney (eatable things don't count.) My housemates thoroughly approved.
3. Over paying for the food.
4. Being part of the clean up crew at the end of the sale.
5. Offering to help with publicity.

That way I have helped the library without bringing anything new into the house while revelling in the ambiance of their tea room surrounded by books, arches and stained glass as I munched my egg salad sandwich and chocolate cake.

No comments: