Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Where have all the flowers gone




When I said I wanted to stop and see if my favourite cherry tree near the ILO was in bloom, my friend knew immediately which one I was talking about.

We were eating a wonderful Indian breakfast, a vegetable couscous thingie that I had tried to make myself which although good never compared. I’d had a sleep over the night before in my old stomping grounds, watched a Tollywood Movie with her and her husband– yes there is a Tollywood and a Mollywood along with a Hollywood and Bollywood.

Back to the tree. I have periodically checked on the tree to see if it is in full blossom. I had about 11 springs where for about three weeks on the walk past the tree and have my eyes enriched by the pink colour.

About half way through the season half the petals would be shed making a pink reflection. By the times it was only leaves on the tree, the petals looked like pink snow.

Sadly the tree is only in bud. Maybe next week.

No comments: