Friday, April 25, 2008

A Proud Polyanna

Sometimes I am so happy that I could burst. Just walking by this place near the Grotte in Geneva gives me pleasure, as does the realization I am Swiss, talking with good friends, McDreamy nights with my housemate (the shrimp and champagne do add to the joy), writing, working on my newsletter, going to the film festival, reading my friends' blogs, sharing stories on email, etc. etc. etc.

Even today, running around doing diddly squat errands I found people who helped with a couple of things I didn't understand. I couldn't believe when my obsessive-compulsive post master saw I wanted to transfer money out of my savings account he took the time to show me what the post had to offer was a better deal. Or maybe it is because he's obsessive-compulsive.

And on Tuesday when I head back down south, there will be more little joys whipped up into waves of happiness. Inshallah.

And if that is being Pollyannaish, so be it.

No comments: