Monday, February 09, 2015

A tale of two messes

IT has been a running joke between Rick and me about how he's a paper hoarder. The papers on top of the table are his collection of only a few months.

I say my papers from the last 20 years are in my computer, but it isn't 100% true, maybe closer to 95%.

He was so happy when he saw the bed in the nest covered with papers that I were sorting.


This is paper from the last 20 years and the colored folders are empty. These are things I can't throw away such as birth certificates, contracts, and manuals etc.

And to be honest I have about double in Geneva excluding paper copies of all my unpublished writing. Those I will always have a paper copy of in case all the computers in the world disappear.

My goal today was to get nest paper working into folders  (9) with pretty matching labels. I will need to do the same in Geneva next week. Probably will need a few more folders.

Another admission. I often have trouble finding stuff, but for one golden moment, everything is in its proper folder. Manuals aren't in the insurance folder, contracts aren't in the birth certificate folder. My filing system is underwhelming at best.

My on-line files are much better.


I do love the French folders with the internal flaps and the elastic to hold things in place. But not matter how nice the folder, and how pretty the label, it still needs human intervention to get the paper into the folder.

I'm sure we'll keep teasing each other about our alleged "systems" but I'm happy my husband was happy at my paper mess.

No comments: