Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Boats to give my father an orgasm

I had Rick walk up to the boats in the harbor. "Inhale."

He did.

"That's the smell of money," I said. One of the yachts cost at least $200 million. What was fun were seeing the names.

Amadeus, was the name of my feisty Japanese chin not to mention a certain famous composer, a restaurant in Argeles, and "Rock me Amadeus", a German song by the late Falco.

I love the names. I really, really wished my father could have been here. It was his dream was to have a boat, so he built a 38-foot, sleeps six cabin cruiser in his back yard. For years he and my wonderful step mom took it up and down the New England coast. The boat was named Grand Slam to attract any other bridge players in port.

I believe my dad was probably happier with the Grand Slam than any of the owners of these multi-million dollar yachts.

The Grand Slam met a sad end in the blizzard of '78. Although moored, well off the waterfront, that storm came far enough off shore to pull the boat into the sea and smash it.



Nothing like a boat named Romance one's honeymoon.









No comments: