Friday, September 15, 2017

Mink


The first mink (no not an animal and not made of animal) was on Wigglesworth Street in Boston. The thick blanket was owned by my former housemate, a gift a cousin had brought her from Korea...it was the ultimate in warm and cozy.

When my roommate moved  to New Jersey, she gave it to my daughter (much better than inheriting it from said roommate's death). When we visited my daughter in Boston, Rick fell in love with it.

My Syrian friend who lives in Paris has one, although we did not use it when we were there during the heatwave.

When we got back to Argelès, Rick went on-line and ordered one. We waited and waited and waited and waited and...

Calls produced nothing.

A check of the Better Business Bureau produced a "Oh Oh" and we called our credit card company to back off the payment.

We are now in our Geneva home. People staying in our Argèles flat Facebooked us to say it had arrived.

When Barbara wrote and said how heavy it was I responded, "I am looking for a crane with a remote to pull it off us in the morning."

She responded, "You may need it. Don suggested ropes and pulleys."

Time to reactivate the payment and wait for our chilly winter nights.


No animals were harmed in the making of the blanket.


No comments: