Monday, June 01, 2020

Artists in Living





Rick just framed our latest art purchase done by an Argelès friend. Our walls are covered with artwork from our friends, many of which are full-time artists. I have never tired of looking at them, feeling not just the beauty of their work but a pleasure in the memories of time we share together.

We know many writers too, published and non published. People who make words sing. They too enrich in our lives.

But then as I was posting on Facebook how lucky I was to have so many creative people in my life, I thought--what if a non artist, non writer who is also a friend reads this and feels they are less of a creative person feel badly.

I realized that 99% of my friends are artists in living.

What is an artist in living It's a person who makes sneaking off for sushi or Indian food a special time. It's someone one who gets excited about flowers, or notices a child just being adorable. It someone who helps others even or maybe specially when it is inconvenient.

They are people when faced with adversity plow through it. This doesn't mean that they don't suffer or have problems, but some how, some where they find the inner strength to get to the next stage of their lives.

I realized as I wrote this, all the people I am close to are artists in living.


No comments: