Sunday, November 21, 2021

I hate my mobile/cell

 

 


If it wouldn't be a waste of my time I could talk for hours on how much I hate my mobile/cell phone.*

When I'm out and it rings, I have this visceral reaction where I want to stomp it into smithereens. How dare someone interrupt my free time away from everything, my gazing at a cloud or a flower, talking to friends, eating at a restaurant, buying roast chestnuts, etc.

If I think of it as a camera or as holder of my vax code, I can feel good about it, which it is why it is still in one piece. Although I don't have GPS on mine, Rick does and I will get it on mine eventually. I have What's Ap because people urged me to, but I refuse to use it. 

There's a certain security that if I'm walking in the woods with the dog, I fall, then I can call for help.

We are in the process of replacing my Swiss dumb phone with a 2nd smart phone (I have a French). I can no longer get a pay as you go. Considering the cost and the fact that I may make one or two calls on it a year if that many, it is more expensive than international calls were in the 60s, 80s, 90s. The only people that have the number are medical in case they need to change an appointment. If I am meeting someone, I MIGHT give them the number in case there's a meet-up problem but make them promise to delete it.

At home we have a landline, FB, Skype and two emails. I don't want to take my at home chores such as emails with me outside. I want to keep those two worlds separate. 

Plenty of ways to contact me. When I am out I do not want to be bothered. I am a multi tasker. But my outside time is MINE not the universe's. And try and take my laptop or Kindle away from me and you're in big trouble, Buddy.

I want to bring peace and tranquility into my daily life. I want to concentrate on the moment. My mobile/cell is a hindrance.

*I am usually not a hater although I plead guilty to hating cruelty to animals, people, war, poverty, and other bad things humans do to other living creatures.

No comments: