Tuesday, November 23, 2021

The Price of a Smile

 

Day 23 of the Flash Fiction Marathon: A man walks into a bank wearing nothing but a smile…



Walter's willie waggled as he dashed from his car in front of the bank, through the revolving door  and headed for the teller. He kept smiling, hoping whoever had been assigned to film him was catching everything.

A security guard approached him. "Sir, we have a rule that customers must be clothed."

"Oh, I'm not a customer," Walter smiled.

"I have to ask you to leave," the guard said.

"Do you have any idea how cold it is out there? And its raining." He wasn't worried now about being filmed. Most of the people had their phones out. He wondered if he would make the nightly news.

"That's no my problem." The guard took him by the arm and pushed him out the door. Some people on the street noticed. Others were rushing along, their heads bent.

Back in the car, Peter was laughing. "I don't believe you did that."

"I won the bet that I could stay naked in the bank for three minutes, wearing only my smile. The $50,000 is mine."

No comments: