Sunday, November 14, 2021

Mark Meadows

 "New information from a forthcoming book by ABC News chief Washington correspondent Jonathan Karl reveals that Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows was deeply involved. Heather Cox Richardson is referring to Jan. 6 planning.

It's 7:29 and I'm still in bed. The sun has yet to show its face and I read the latest article by HCR and shuddered.

I'd met Mark Meadows. I was with several Republicans and we were part of a group fighting to overturn FATCA https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Account_Tax_Compliance_Act that was hurting hundreds of thousands of American ex-pats. There had been a hearing where this was played https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4N9aW5NdE4&t=10s  After the hearing we had meetings with several congressmen to explain our problems.

Meadows' office and Meadows himself all could have been part of a movie. He is tall, good looking, well dressed with a pleasant, politiciany-type voice. He asked the right questions and acted as if he cared.

I was the token Democrat, a person who renounced her nationality because it was a choice between being an American and having a bank account in Switzerland where I was planning to live the rest of my life.

As we stood to leave, Meadows put his arm around my shoulders. "You're my favorite Democrat," he said. 

Meadows went on to become Trump's Chief of Staff. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Meadows where he did much damage to my birth country over the epidemic and the attempted coup. When I think that he touched me I want to wash and wash and wash my shoulders. 

And of course he did nothing to help the plight of the expats.


 

No comments: