Friday, November 19, 2021

The Big Blow

 


Day 18 of the flash fiction marathon, prompt: Why is my nose bloody?

"One, two, three blow."

Tissues were raised in the 20 Zoom boxes. This time there would be no blood.

I was having an on-line nose celebration.

Four months ago, I'd fainted. My face hit the floor breaking my cheek. Surgery had left me with a metal plate in said cheek and instructions not to sneeze or blow my nose for three months. I was told if I wanted to sneeze, I should rub my tongue on the top of my palette. That worked.

Until this limitation, I never thought of a good nose blow as a luxury. 

Today, the three months are up. I contacted friends and invited them to a BLOW ALONG WITH ME celebration. 

We blew together followed by a chat. 

Someone thanked me as having had a good excuse to see each other when we couldn't get together in person. 

When the computer screen went black, I reached for another tissue and blew again.


No comments: