Tuesday, April 23, 2013

HAPPY HAPPY NEWS

RB2 and I both went to work for a company in Switzerland at the same time and shared the company apartment and very soon a friendship.

We'd go food shopping in France on Saturday morning and sometimes not get back until Sunday night starting with the question "I wonder what's down this road?"

We'd take trips to Garmish where my cousins lived and where he had to take exams for a degree program then play with my cousins (forced hikes, jazz, etc.)

I showed him Boston.

We talked on every topic possible. He was the brother I always wanted.

He fell in love with Argelès too, bought a house then fell in love with the girl next door, married her and had a son.

That was in the early 90s. Over the years he's moved a number of times: Spain, France, Switzerland. His last sojourn in Switzerland was just far enough away that seeing him and his family was difficult.

He will moderate my commitment ceremony to Rick in August.

But his wedding present is not just being there. He, his wife and son are moving back to Argelès.


YES

No comments: