Sunday, April 21, 2013

It shouldn't take so long

Mission: Tickets to see Leonard Cohen, book two seats on Easy Jet and hotel in Amsterdam

Time: Start 10 am--finish 11 pm

Problems:
Get email my cousin has made a reservation at the hotel in Amersterdam where we will meet up. Dates are wrong. I change them on line. I get a message from cousin that was their reservation. Send copy of booking to cousin and she says she understands that the words "Kevin made a booking for you" does read like he made a reservation for me.

Cousin to straighten out their booking.

Call to make my own booking. Hotel says do it by email.

I do it by email.

They email saying they need a fax

I email I don't have a fax.

They agree to accept email request for reservation.

They email and say my credit card was denied.

I call Amex. They tell me to enter number but before I can get to the second number they say "Let's try something else" Repeated over and over and over. Remembering definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly the same and expecting a different result, I try another Amex number.

Get through to human who says my card is good.

Four exchanges of email to ask hotel to put card through again.

By 11 p.m. card is approved and reservation secured.

In between battles with EasyJet that keeps disappearing from screen. Finally get reservations for my fiancé and myself

In between battles with ticket place although easier.

Go to bed with confirmation of airline, hotel and concert. Dream about being a hermit.

No comments: