Monday, July 14, 2014

Going on a date


Rick and I work a lot, albeit both in the warren, each at own own computer. It's a rule we eat at least one meal together as civilized people using the time to  catch up on what the other is writing, plans, news, etc.

We also have a very enjoyable, active social life with dinners at friends, coffee talks at La Noisette, etc.

Saturday night, we did something different.

We had a date.

Granted we went to Bartavelle, where we eat regularly at lunch, but an evening meal was special that called for champagne and a kir royale.

Rick approved my brown pants and silky blouse, I thought he looked "photogenic" as one of our Danish friends calls him in his blue blazer.



Never, ever have I tasted something at this restaurant where I haven't been thrilled with the taste.

Although there was no room for dessert, I still had to taste this pistachio biscuit, topped with a layer of chocolate crumbs, raspberries and two flavours of cream. I did leave some. I told Stephanie, one of the owners, that on my gravestone, I would have carved, "She wished she finished the dessert at Bartavelle on July 12, 2014.


Then hand in hand we strolled down to the now dry river hoping to see the super moon. At first we couldn't find it, but then as we followed the river bed it was hanging out the sky to our right. Of course, we didn't expect it to photography well.

It was almost as if we got a ladder we could caress it's face.

I like dating this man.


No comments: