Saturday, July 19, 2014

WITP cured for the moment

My Work In Progress Trauma is over. Rick not only finished everything but left it neat, neat, neat...

Because of my neurotic need for neat it will stay that way. The flat, which we call the warren, is also totally finished.
Our terrace is in full bloom. Within the next few days, we will have drapes on the windows to cut down on sun in summer and keep the heat in winter.
 Our three steps up to the kitchen.
Rick was so right about painting the book shelves black. Like many French homes, we do not have a dryer, but I hate seeing clothes hanging around the house or out on the terrace. Rick hooked up drying racks behind the bookcases. We call the area our Drying Room.
 I love having so much in-your-face red. The red artwork is our landlady's. In fact much of the art is hers, but we are slowly building our own collection by local painters.

Of course what is a bedroom without lots of books to read? These are our just in case we run out and can't get to our Kindle supply.

The scenic is done by a friend who also did my Annie Clock.
The clock captures the personality of the main character in my mysteries.

The Snore room which can double as a guest room is quieter colours, beiges and blues. It triples as my office.
For my students from the writing weekends that were held here when the flat was an atelier, you'll be able to see the transformation.

Not many more projects on the flat. Now we can enjoy our writing, our friends, exploring, etc.

My WITP lasted less than 48 hours. Whew!!!!


No comments: