Tuesday, July 29, 2014

train setters

There are those that are jet setters people who hop on planes to travel the world.

Rick and I are train setters. We hop on trains to travel the continent. 

Tuesday we trained to Geneva.



I did my usual we've got to get to the station ridiculously early, but not before having petit déjenuer at La Noisette. Rick is so patient with my being extra early even controlling the number of eye rolls. We had time to sit inside while waiting rather than go out on the quai.


The wind blew the bamboo that grows between the quai and the cemetery to 60° angles. The temperature had dropped from the day before. It seems this summer the weather fluctuates from hot to cold hot to cold almost daily.
In Lyon, I told Rick to wait. I'd be right back. 

He assumed I was going to the toilet. 

I rushed into a store, grabbed the sweater shown in the photo and put it on while the girl was ringing up the sale. Took about five minutes. I didn't care what it looked like. Warm was the goal .See photo of a warm me waiting for the train to Bellegarde.

The last leg of the trip left us as bus setters. The tracks between Bellegarde and Geneva are under repair so they bussed us for the last leg of the journey.

It was wonderful to be picked up by one housemate followed by a meal but where else than at Marrionier.



Other train trips planned in the near future are to Paris, Stuttgart, Amsterdam and maybe Berlin. We'll probably train after a flight to Ireland near the end of the year.

But that is how it goes when you're a train setter.

(Rick has another version http://lovinglifeineurope.blogspot.fr/ )

No comments: