Friday, July 01, 2016
Right now I will sit down to write and although I know what I want to write, I think of reasons not to.
1. Gotta check Facebook
2. Gotta check/write emails
3. Gotta check several newsites
4. Good time to iron (desperate excuse)
5. The dishwasher needs emptying
6. The washing machine needs emptying
7. Start lunch
8. Run around the corner for (...)
9. Play a computer game
10. Maybe a friend has posted a new blog
11. Get a piece of chocolate for my husband
12. Read a chapter
13. Read a New Yorker
14. Listen to a youtube
15. Research something, anything...
I am trying a new trick to do away with the excuses. I take the laptop to my bed and won't leave until I do xxx or xxxx words.
Will it work?
Posted by DL NELSON at 4:03 AM