Friday, July 29, 2016

Another Stove Story

 Read about a variety of topics (writing, life in Europe, politics, food, etc.) by mystery writer D-L Nelson by signing up at the top right of this page. www.donnalanenelson.com

My mother, Dorothy Sargent Boudreau, believed that food and family stories went together. For a hot day, this is treat. Betsy was a long time friend.

There I was on a lazy Sunday afternoon, again at Betsy's, alternately watching the water skiers, the pond lapping at the shore, the distance mountains, Brandy (her Schnauzer) sniffing for frogs and reading the Sunday paper food pages.

This recipe caught my eye and I'm glad it did. I've made often since.The first time I was quite alone and ate THE WHOLE THING! (Not all at once, of course!)

  • 1 package (6 oz.) orange-flavored gelatin
  • 1 can (medium) crushed pineapple
  • 1/2 large container non-dairy frozen whipping cream
Drain pineapple and add enough water to make two cups.

Heat to a boil and pour over gelatin. Add crushed pineapple.

When it cools add cream and put into a mold.

Chill until hard.

No comments: